3 day tour on flume and vineyard trails in the Valais (chemin des vignes et bisses). Used bed and breakfast and hotel for accomodations.
- 13.6kg bike weight + 3.5 kg gear on bike = 17.1kg total
- See daily photos February 28 – March 2, 2023 https://phspot.ch/blog/index.php/2023/02/28/chemin-des-bisses-et-vignoble-valaisan-j1-loesch-st-leonard/
- SwitzerlandMobility mobile phone app
- Supertrail paper maps and Singletrail website and printed maps
- For 0 to 10 deg C weather
- No rain
- Headwinds sometimes 20-40 km/h
- Note 10+ phone is missing from gear photos
Gear carried on bike:
Gear carried on me:
Gear carried in backpack:
What worked well:
- Off-season, middle of week for nearly empty trails
- Middle of week for last minute hotel reservation
- Public transport everywhere to enable any length trip
What to change for next time:
- Bring powerbank, towel, and extra underwear ?
- Don’t bring goretex socks and gps?
- Didn’t use balaclava, but useful if colder than expected, nor lighter gloves, but without wind it could have been used.
- Kms: Minimum, average, maximum, total: 31, 33, 36, 98.5
- Climbing M+: Minimum, average, maximum, total: 500, 725, 865, 2176
- Descending M-: Minimum, average, maximum, total: 500, 760, 900, 2290
- Photos: number, GB: 675, 1.7GB
- Lodging cost CHF: minimum, average, maximum: 40, 42.5, 45